Sunday, June 7, 2009

Decorated Kufi Crochet Hats


I have had a few customers ask me the best way to add ribbon to kufi hats. I weave the 3/8th ribbon in and out of the crochet loops. I always let extra ribbon hang in the back. When the hats are worn the ribbon stretcesh so if it does not hang long enough then the ribbon will fall out of the loops. I make a knot at the end of each of the ribbons that are hanging and heat seal the ends.

Next I make hair bows or Gerber Daisy hair clips to clip onto the hats through the crochet loops.
When making the flowers I use silk Gerber Daisy Flower heads. I take them apart and hot glue each layer back together and then glue a 18mm or 20mm rhinestone in the center. I often use two flowers put together so the flower will look nice and full.









No comments:

Post a Comment